Monday, January 11, 2010

5 Years Old

January 12, 2005

January 12, 2010

Five years ago today I started the journey on the greatest adventure of my life - motherhood! I of course didn't know what I was getting into! Does any new Mom? But I love this life and these kids and wouldn't trade it for anything.

Happy birthday to my oldest! Coleman, I honestly cannot believe you are 5 years old today. Where have the years gone? You are not my baby anymore, but my amazing little boy. You are smart and funny and thoughtful and loving and so much more. You like sports, computer games, cartoons, video games, books, board games, parks, superheroes, Star Wars, your brother and sister and the rest of your family, and your stuffed animals. When we go to McDonald's, which is almost every Sunday, you say, "I want the usual!" And just in case we forgot you remind us that the usual is chicken nuggets, fries, chocolate milk, a straw, and a new toy. You also like turkey sandwiches, Sprite, chocolate chip waffles, Life cereal, string cheese, granola bars, and yogurt. One of the last things you did that truly amazed me was make up a song about Jesus and sing it in front of all our family and Grandpa and Grandma's friends in Montana. I enjoyed hearing you put into a song all the things you know about Jesus. I pray that you'll learn more and more and He will be your best friend! I could go on and on about how special I know you are, and about all of your interests, but I think this gives just a little glimpse into who you are at 5 years old. You are my favorite 5 year old in the world. I love you!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Coleman!! The big 5! How exciting :0)

Anonymous said...

Yes you are a sweet boy Coleman!
We hope you have a wonderful day!
Happy Birthday to YOU!
T-4

Rita said...

Happy Birthday. Coleman!!!! WE love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That makes my cry, but what blessed tears. Thank you for my precious first grandchild. He is a TREASURE!!! I love you, Coleman.

Jeani said...

Did anyone get a copy of his song?