Thursday, July 21, 2011

Hesitantly Hopeful

I've been doing something nonstop for the last 6 1/2 years: changing diapers! And while I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to change all those diapers, I'm hopeful that this stage is coming to an end. Allie seems ready to potty train. I'm just hoping that her high intellect wins out over her strong will! The other day, as she was standing there naked, I asked her where big girls go potty. She pointed to the carpet and said, "There." When I said no, she walked over to the tile and pointed down and said, "There." Better, but still no good.

She's been going on the potty off and on for the past 3 months or so. But I really think it's time to buckle down and get her trained. So tonight we went to Wal-Mart and let her pick out some new panties. I picked up some cleaning wipes, stickers, candy treats, a bottle of insanity-be-gone, and a jumbo size box of patience. We're all set! I was thinking about trying a 3 day potty method, but we don't have 3 days in a row that we're home all day! Tomorrow I'm going to set the timer and lead her to one of the 6 strategically placed potties around our house. (We have 3 toilets and 3 potty chairs.) We'll see how that goes!

And just in case you've forgotten or you're new here, I. Hate. Potty. Training. Did you hear that Allie? Go easy on Mommy. Your brothers sure didn't!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

That's what I get to do when I return to NC.....Caden's 4 and still won't use the potty! My hope was to have him start Pre-K in the fall but that may not happen if he won't use the bathroom! He will before he gets into the bath tub, but to stop what he's doing during the day to go....nope, isn't having it!! The other 3 were trained by the age of 3 so this is wearing on me big time! Good luck to you and I hope Allie proves to be easy :0)

Rita said...

Allie.....you go girl.....in the potty!!!

Paul and Candice said...

Good Luck! I just know she's going to be so much easier...channeling positive thoughts your way! I'm in your club though...the I can't stand Potty Training Club! So far, it's been the worst part of parenting...and I've only done one! HA! Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Are you going to post a picture of all 6 convenient places to go?
Hopefully they are avalible when she needs them. LOL
Nothing like wating in line for your turn.
Hope all is going well!
T-4

Mrs. H said...

Hey Amanda, girls (at least our daughter) are sooooo much easier than boys! Griff is giving us a run for our money right now! I almost give up ;)