Tuesday, March 05, 2013

That's Tired

How tired do you have to be to fall asleep in the car while eating a popsicle?

 
 I think Allie has been suffering from allergies and it is wearing her out!  She doesn't nap anymore, but she's been falling asleep in the car lately.  I couldn't get over her falling asleep mid-popsicle!

While I was uploading that photo, I noticed several more that I haven't shared.  I think I've been a bad blogger lately.  Last Friday we met Candice and Judson at a Chick-fil-a.  Since the older boys are in school, we don't have time for trips to each others' houses on school days, so if we don't feel like going to the zoo or museum, we just hang out at CFA for a few hours!  It was a lovely day until a little girl barfed in the play area.  Poor thing.

 This next picture is so very Allie.  Nana got her those precious leggings (they're kind of like leg warmers), so we decided to make a colorful outfit.  I wish I had taken a picture when I picked her up from school.  She had the leggings pushed down around her ankles, so they looked like 80s slouch socks with big ruffles on the bottom!

 
One day at the park with her friend Gianna
 A few weeks ago I decided to try my hand at gardening.  Except I was going to do a few raised beds.  Then I scaled it down to a some containers and old flower pots.  I figured I didn't want to invest too much money until I figured out if I could keep a few tomatoes alive!  I planted tomatoes, onions, lettuce, strawberries, and basil.  It's been almost a week now and they are still making it!  I've also started composting.  That's pretty fun actually!  I just keep a little bucket in the kitchen to put all my compostable food into and then dump it into my homemade compost bin at the end of the day.  I drilled holes on all surfaces of a plastic storage container to make my compost bin.  Oh the ideas you can find on Pinterest!

1 comment:

Rita said...

Good ideas!! And you have so many helpers!