Friday, April 19, 2013

New Old Dolls

About a week ago Brian and Allie went up in the attic and brought down a chest filled with some of my Barbies and Cabbage Patch dolls.  I imagine they've been living in Texas attics for the last 13 or 14 years, so I was shocked to see that they weren't all melted together!  They are actually in great condition!  I washed the clothes and gave the Barbies a bath and brushed out their hair.  Maybe I enjoyed the hair brushing a little more than I care to admit. Allie has totally enjoyed playing with all her new 30 year old dolls!



Look Grandma!  These are the matching child and doll outfits you gave Allie for Christmas!

We also found some of the kids' old baby clothes for the dolls to wear

The Barbies are a big hit!  And their clothes remind me of how big a deal poofy sleeves were in the 80s.  Remember poofy sleeves?  I know we've all worked hard to forget...

You never know what kind of fashion statement Allie will be making.  I'm not sure what to call this one!
 Allie was super excited about her second week of ballet.  And she got a fun surprise when we arrived at the studio:  her best friend from school joined the class!

Mommy's first attempt at a bun

Ready for ballet class!

1 comment:

Rita said...

My heart is melting.....