Saturday, October 26, 2013

Fall Carnival

In the next few days I'll try to catch up with the activities of the last month or so, but for now I'll share the pictures from our Church carnival tonight.  We had a great time!

Let me give a little background on their costumes. About a month ago I started thinking about Halloween costumes and how much money we spend on them.  So I told the kids that we would give them $15 each for their costumes, and if they wanted a costume that cost more they would have to use their own money.  Spence thought about this for a while, then asked, "If I wear an old costume can I have the $15?"  Why not!  Then Allie ran upstairs and found a Spider Girl costume in the closet and asked to keep her $15 also!  Coleman couldn't decide what he wanted to do, and I really don't think he wanted to wear his costume from last year, so he didn't dress up.  He's never really been into costumes, so I don' think it bothered him at all.  Plus he has $15 now!  Brian and I told him he has to dress up for trick-or-treating next week if he wants candy!



The kids LOVE the song "What Does the Fox Say" so I tried to get Coleman to wear a fox mask, but he said, "No way!"  So I made a shirt and mask and wore it myself!  If you haven't heard the song, go to You Tube and search for it.  Too funny, but it will definitely get stuck in your head!


Pony Rides have been a big hit for the last few years!



And later in the evening Allie visited the face painting table to be transformed into Hello Kitty.


Oh, and see that inflatable behind Allie?  It's an obstacle course with two sides so kids can race each other.  Spence was awesome at it and beat kids who were 7th graders!  Coleman and his friend hung out there almost all night.

1 comment:

Kyla said...

Fabulous! I tell my kids each year that their costumes have to be under $20. This year Hanna's was a little more but she also scored some cute flats ($3!) that she'll be able to wear to school.