Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Our Summer Road Trip, Part 2

After leaving the Petrified Forest, I could hardly wait to get to the Grand Canyon!  This sounds a little crazy, but ever since I was a little girl and I saw an episode of the Brady Bunch where they visited the Grand Canyon, I have wanted to go there.  As we were driving into the park I felt like a kid about to go in the biggest toy store in the world!

It was just as amazing as I had imagined!  I can't believe anyone can visit here and not think about God and how awesome His creation is.  One of the neatest things was that each spot that you looked out over the canyon you got a completely different view.  And every view seemed even more beautiful than the one before!

It did make us a little nervous looking over the edge, and for a while Coleman and Allie were very, very cautious.  Then Allie loosened up and we really had to keep a close eye on her.  She wanted to sit on ledges and jump around where there weren't any guard rails.  Coleman's question was , "Why aren't there guard rails everywhere?!?!"



We took a bus that evening to the best spot to watch the sun set.  I felt like praise music should have been playing!  It was a truly amazing sight.




After it got dark, we went to a star party, where people had set up their powerful telescopes and let you look through them.  Through one we were able to see a binary star, another gave us a view of a group of a million stars, and finally we saw Saturn, rings and all!  Another guy who was very knowledgeable had a laser and was pointing out different constellations.  It was definitely worth staying up late for!

But yes, we were all exhausted by the time we got back to our room!


Of course Spence didn't forget to leave his tooth out for the tooth fairy!  He wanted to make sure she could find him and his tooth since we were away from home, so he left this note.


The next morning we walked around and got a few different views of the canyon.


Coleman took it upon himself to make sure Allie was held onto at all times!  Thank you, Coleman.






This was the part of the trip I had been anticipating for such a long time, and I enjoyed it as much as I imagined. It was even better to share it with my favorite people!

2 comments:

Rita said...

Awesome pictures! I am sure in your heart some special praise was going on. Glad you enjoyed the long awaited views.

Mary G. said...

Did I see shorter hair on Coleman--tell him he really looks nice--or don't-not sure if he would appreciate what I think! But it looks like you had a great time-thanks for sharing!! I loved Spence's note!