Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Spoon Licker Extraordinaire



Today I made brownies and Spence helped me out by licking the spoon. He usually helps when I make cookies or brownies by pouring the mix in the bowl and stirring all the ingredients. But he had been having some trouble obeying, so his punishment was that he didn't get to help make the brownies. He was quite sad.

He had an all-around rough morning to tell the truth. Wednesday mornings are always a little hectic trying to get him ready and out the door on time to get to Bible study. It usually involves me threatening to take away TV or some other privilege if he makes us late. I know the enemy doesn't like for me to go to Bible study, but it really frustrates me that he uses my child to put me in a bad mood and make me think it's too much trouble and that I should just stay home! Thankfully God reminds me of His love for me, and how I can be just like my little four year old at times - whining about what I'm supposed to be doing, wanting something different than what I've been given, pouting while waiting to get my way. Having kids definitely makes me see how patient and merciful God is toward me. And I pray to be able to show that same patience and mercy to them.

And really, who could stay mad at this face for long?


Here's another picture I wanted to share today:

Coleman used his birthday money to buy some Star Wars toys from eBay. I like how Coleman is looking over his new toy, trying to figure out all it does, while Spence and Allie are excited to play in the box that it was shipped in!

There's another picture I wish I had gotten, but I couldn't get to the camera in time. During one of Spence's many fits this morning, he was upset that he hadn't kissed Daddy goodbye before he headed for work. I told him if he wanted to say bye he better hurry (Brian was getting in his car to leave). Wearing a sweatshirt and a pair of Buzz Lightyear undies, he bounded down the stairs and out the front door (into the freezing cold I might add!) to kiss Daddy goodbye. I'm sure that was a sight for Brian (and any neighbors that might have been outside) to see a half-naked kid running out screaming, "Wait Daddy!!! I want to kiss you!" Pretty sweet though. That must be love.

3 comments:

Rita said...

Yes,,,and keep those memories in your memory bank for sweet thoughts all day....and in coming years...

Paul and Candice said...

How cute I bet Spence was in person running outside in his undies! Love it! Counting down the days until President's Day!

Anonymous said...

Awh!!! great post!
Love the stories.. and seeing the children... super smile...
Great memories!