Monday, February 21, 2011

Where Were You, Laundry Fairy?

So our weekend was somewhat of a bust. Friday Allie woke up happy, but with puke all in her bed. She seemed fine, so we went about our day. Then Saturday I took Coleman to a birthday party, and throughout the day started feeling a little queasy. By the time we arrived home at 4:30 all I could do was crash on the couch. Then by 5:30 I was crashed on the bathroom floor. Completely taken down by some vicious tummy bug. Spence woke up that night puking. Brian did such an awesome job cleaning Spence up and changing his sheets. Sunday, Brian was also in charge of all Allie's stinky (and I mean stinky) diapers. My only complaint is that the laundry fairy failed to show up at my house to take care of all the piles of dirty sheets, towels, and clothes. What's her deal? But it got done, and we lived to tell! Also, it seems that Brian and Coleman may have escaped the wrath of this evil bug. I'm praying they stay well!

We were supposed to have three families from church over for lunch Sunday. That had to be canceled. I felt so bad because each of the families was bringing either an appetizer, salad, or dessert to help feed 8 adults and 8 kids. And I had two huge pans of lasagna in my fridge that I had to stick out in the freezer because the smell was killing me every time I opened the fridge! I made them Friday and was going to bake them Sunday. Question: Does anyone think they are contaminated since I probably already had the bug Friday? Or once I cook them should they be OK? That's a lot of food to throw away, but I definitely don't want to get sick again!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

When I was little my mom asked our peditrician about this because she had baked some cookies while we were sick. The doctor said that the oven gets so hot that it cooks the germs out.

Rita said...

It should be ok unless you sneezed, coughed up jumk or spit on the pan of noodles....and then. of course, you bake it....so I would say it's fine.....

Paul and Candice said...

Hope you guys are better! Stomach issues are the WORST!!!