Thursday, October 18, 2012

Allie Says

Allie and I have lots of time for conversations, which I love!  Conversations with a three year old are rarely boring.  Here are a few things she's said this week that made me giggle.

While "writing" she looked up at me:

What's your name again? ... Mommy.

In the car on our way to various places like the zoo or the park:
Did you check the weather?

Walking past the pond:
I wish Nana was a duck.

Telling me about her Sunday School lesson:
Satan doos bad things.  God doos good things.

She's also started reminding me that she does not like Santa.  You may remember that after Christmas last year she said, "I don't like Santa!  I want Jesus to come to my house!"  Probably my favorite words out of her mouth, ever.  The other day she asked if we had to go see him.  I'm not a Santa fanatic by any means, but displayed on the shelves in my living room are 7 Christmas frames which hold pictures of the kids with Santa, starting with Coleman at 11 months old up to last year with Allie throwing her arms in the air and a look of sheer terror on her face.  It will be really hard for me to give up that tradition.  But this may be the year.  I don't want to make her stand in the vicinity of a man she doesn't like.  And Coleman figured out the whole Santa thing last year after Christmas.  I told Allie that instead of getting their picture made with Santa, maybe we could find a big, beautiful Nativity scene and take their picture in front of it.  What a great new tradition that would be!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Allie is such a sweetie!
Cherish her words and this time with her. So nice you blog some day you will love reading all these treasured posts!
Love your new idea for Christmas picture memories.
Funny...not planned .. but we have been taking a picture of the grandchildren near the nativity at our church for years.
I am making photo boxes for the grandchildren including one for Halloween,Christmas,Easter,etc.
Love your posts Amanda!!
Debbie

Rita said...

Debbie seems to say it all.....and so nicely!! Yes...that would be a great tradition....she is just so darling....hugs and kisses....can't wait to see all of you!!