Friday, November 09, 2012

Leaves, Shoes, and a Form

What random thoughts are flying through my head today!  First off, let me tell you that I might have set a new record.  Only 5 days after Daylight Savings began I have officially gotten all the clocks in the house changed!  How awesome!  Until I forget that I changed them and keep subtracting an hour from the time.

A few days ago we were outside playing and I noticed there were quite a few leaves in the yard.  Enough for a pile to jump in?  We tried!  I figured it was a pretty sad leaf pile, and my suspicions were confirmed when Brian came home and laughed at it!  I'm sure it's no Montana leaf pile, but you work with what you got!  Spence and Allie didn't know any better and thought it was the most awesome leaf pile ever!  They would run and jump, then push all the leaves back into the pile and go again.



Our super cool Mom raked up this rockin' pile of leaves!
 And this picture is for you, Rita and Gale.  Thank you so much for the birthday money!  These are my new sneakers!


And finally, just something I thought was somewhat odd, but was glad to do.  When Coleman started Kindergarten, birthday treats were banned.  I was a little sad because, well, that's what you do when it's your child's birthday.  You make cupcakes or cookies and send them school to share with the classmates.  But apparently childhood obesity ( which is nothing to laugh at) caused school officials to create strict nutritional guidelines that did not include birthday treats.  After getting over it, my lazy self said, "Yes!  I don't have to make cupcakes for 20 kids!"  This year, about a month before Spence's birthday, the school sent home a letter that stated store bought birthday treats would be allowed as long as you filled out a form.  I was expecting one or two lines then a signature required.  But take a look at the form!


I had to laugh, and share it.  Oh well, at least they're concerned with our children's health?  And I totally get not allowing homemade goodies.  You just never know.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!  And for my loved ones in Montana, throw a snowball for us!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hay its a Texas leaf pile.. good enough for fun!!
Love the new sneakers!!
The form...sad what you have to do now days. Our school band treats too. To many children with food allergies. Parents bring stickers, pencils,etc.for everyone.

Rita said...

Yes...that is a very sad leaf pile....but it was enough for some fun so that was good...

Yes...lots of snowballs here...and snowmen....
Cute new sneakers!!

What a form???!!!