Thursday, September 26, 2013

Sweet and Sour

In parenthood, there are moments of sheer joy that you want to bottle up and remember forever.  Then there are moments you'd rather move past and not ever look back on!  And thirdly there are the moments that fall somewhere in between those two extremes.  These are most likely the ones that make you laugh and want to write about.  Today I had two very different moments with my boys.  I had gone to school to have lunch with Spence.  When it was time to go I said goodbye and started to leave.  He said, "Mommy!  I want a kiss!"  Right there in front of all his friends he wanted his Mommy to kiss him goodbye.  I want that to last forever!

Fast forward a few hours, when he had just arrived home from school.  On the car ride, we had been listening to a CD of the Christmas musical that the kids will be performing at church this year.  I asked Coleman, "Are you going to be in the Christmas program?"  To which he replied, "Can I just make myself barf?"  I think that's a no.

We are on the brink of Fall weather here!  This evening we were able to eat popsicles while sitting on Brian's tail gate.  It's a little sad that that's our indicator that Fall has arrived!

1 comment:

Rita said...

He loves his Mommy and not shy about letting the world know it. Yeah for Spence!

Well Coleman.....programs are so cool..just ask Daddy and uncle Brent. The loved them a lot....not.