Tuesday, March 25, 2014

A Recap of February

Whew!  I almost missed my first Tuesday post!  That would have been embarrassing.  Today I'm going to share a few pictures from February since I really dropped the bloggy ball that month!

The boys reached the 100th day of school!  I'm not sure if they counted the two "snow days" we got out for or not.  So maybe it was just 98 days on this particular day.  Spence looks at least 98 though, right?  It's not a great picture, but I used white colored hair spray to complete the look. 


I don't have any statistics or anything, but if you ask me this has been the coldest winter we've had since I've lived here!  If I had known how much cold weather we would have, I definitely would have bought the kids some coats!  It's true, my children do not have coats, only zip up hoodies.  And that usually cuts it here, but we had to do some layering this season.  Just check out Allie!


Last year and the year before I had really cute homemade Valentine's to show off.  2014 was a box of Star Wars, Super Heroes, and Disney Princess kind of year. And nobody missed the homemade ones.  Well, maybe I did just a little.  Here's a picture of Spence and his teacher at their Valentine party.


Usually about once a week Allie and I go to Brian's office so I can help out.  I try to take plenty of snacks, and we keep a box of toys in a cabinet there, but this is what she ends up doing for most of the time.  

Except when she's doing this!  This picture isn't from February, but I had to sneak it in here.  One day Brian had me come in to help answer phones.  Allie helped me stuff and label envelopes, then took some time to hone her ninja skills.  I kept thinking, "I'm probably the only receptionist who has a personal ninja!"  But seriously, I've had to start telling Allie, "You can't let everyone know you're a ninja.  It's a secret identity."  She really does have some mad skillz (it just seemed like that phrase needed a "z") and I'm afraid she's going to hurt someone.  At least she traded in the ninja star for a Fruit By the Foot!


We all enjoyed our second annual Eaglethon Fun Run!  Allie ran with the Kindergarten and First graders.  Then she took on the role of cheerleader.  I didn't get any pictures of Coleman since I was working at the water station during his run.




And finally, the wall was rebuilt!  The kids have been in the book of Nehemiah in Children's Church, so the teacher has been collecting boxes and asking for tissue boxes for months now.  Every time something came up where the boys would possibly miss church (camping trip, visiting a friend's church) they were terrified they would miss building the wall.  I actually had to contact the teacher and make sure they wouldn't be building the wall the Sunday that the boys were going on a Boy Scout camping trip.  Thankfully they did not miss it!  And I'm so thankful that they love going to church!


We really do have such a wonderful church.  I'm reading through the Bible chronologically this year, and yesterday morning I was reading about a battle that took place after the Israelites had conquered Jericho.  I'm sure I had read it before, but it really jumped out at me as something Coleman would be interested in because it talked about how they lured the people out of the city and set an ambush for them.  I was telling Coleman about it, and he proceeded to tell me about the battle before that, one that isn't a major kids' Bible story.  If you're familiar with it, this was the battle at Ai, and how the Israelites lost and Achan's sin of taking some of the devoted things from Jericho was discovered and he and his family were stoned.  Coleman couldn't remember the names, but he told me a lot of the details.  I was really impressed!  And so thankful for our amazing Sunday School teachers who really dig into God's Word with our kids.

That was most of February!  I didn't realize how much I'd missed sharing all of this with, well, whoever is out there reading it!


2 comments:

Mary G. said...

I enjoyed reading your blog!! Glad you started up again----kids are growing so fast---see you soon!

Rita said...

Wonderful news from your house and great pictures!
Loved reading all the blogs!!