Monday, November 01, 2010

The Last of Halloween... Really

Can you believe none of our kids had ever been trick-or-treating before last night? We've always had a church carnival to go to on Halloween, so it's just never worked out. I never minded not taking them trick-or-treating, but after last night, I don't want to miss that again! It was so much fun! Brian and I both said that growing up we had to drive around to trick-or-treat. Or Brian said they would drive to a friend's neighborhood and trick-or-treat there. It was fun to walk around our neighborhood and chat with neighbors and see other kids dressed up. The boys did great saying, "Trick or treat!" and "Thank you!" And Allie caught on to holding out her pumpkin to get filled up with candy.

One last picture of the characters

Heading out for their first trick-or-treat adventure! Even Maestro came!

Allie has a new-found love of suckers

Check out all that candy!

And whoever said taking candy from a baby is easy was wrong!

And since I promised this was the last of the Halloween pictures, I'll add our pumpkin carving and carnival pictures here also!

Ready to carve!

I know this isn't the greatest picture, but I got such a kick out of it! I think Coleman needs some new jammies, Spence is bustin' some moves, and just-bathed Allie is down in the dirt!

This is the game Brian made for our carnival. I helped a little, but it was mostly him. It's a football toss with the largest hole being pee wee level, the next hole high school level (with our neighborhood high school's logo), the next hole college level (UT Longhorn), and the smallest hole professional level (Go Texans!) I was so proud of my handy man!

The train ride

Bouncy baby ballerina

3 comments:

Rita said...

What a great Halloween....I hope there is just one piece of candy left for me!!!(the one nobody likes is good)

Rhonda said...

we loved taking the boys trick or treating too! Now I love handing out the candy! It reminds me of back when...
The kids look so cute and happy!
:)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the too cute pictures. Mom