Tuesday, June 21, 2011

When Spence Becomes President

Coleman and Spence had a fascinating conversation on the way to Vacation Bible School today:

Spence: I want to be President when I grow up! I'll make everyone go pee like a girl!

Coleman: Presidents don't say silly things like that.

Spence: Oh. Then if I'm President nobody will say the "s" word!


I love these conversations! If only people saying the "s" word (which happens to be "stupid") was the worst thing the President had to deal with!

VBS has been awesome this week! We're on a Big Apple Adventure in New York City. There are taxi cabs, skyscrapers, and the Statue of Liverty (that's what Spence calls it) everywhere! We had 724 kids the first day, and probably more today. It's so exciting!

Another exciting thing: 9 more days until we leave for Colorado! Can't wait!!!

4 comments:

Mrs. H said...

Oh wow! 784 kids! I was impressed with our church's 370!

I love that your kids think the "s" word is a bad, bad word too! Walker still comes home from school saying, "soandso said a bad word...the 's' word" Not sure how much longer he's going to think that is an awful word. I'm sure it wouldn't be long...which makes me soooo very sad :(

Anonymous said...

VBS is always so much fun!
It's wonderful you have so many children.
Colorado will be a nice break from the heat.
Great family memoires..
Spence would make a great President
T-4

Rita said...

784 kids....seriously???? You do do things BIG in Texas...

Yes..Spence...I would vote for you....You would make a great President!!!

Rhonda said...

The "S" word...too funny!