Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Laughter

Thank You Lord for laughter, without which I would have gone insane long ago. The kids always give me lots to laugh about!

Coleman: What do you call a car that's sour?
Me: I don't know. What?
Coleman: A lemonsine!!!

Coleman was asking about homophones and I was trying to remember the difference between homophones and homonyms, when Spence said, "What about M&Ms?"

The boys were also trying to come up with rhyming words:
Coleman: What rhymes with cat?
Spence: Hat!
Coleman: What rhymes with go?
Spence: So!
Coleman: What rhymes with road sign?
Spence: (paused to think) Soad sign!

And one day while sitting in the pick up line at Coleman's school, Spence wanted to get unbuckled to get something, but I told him no because we were already starting to move. A little later Allie told Spence, "Pencey! Don't unbuckle! Hear me?" She is totally a little boss!

Coleman wanted to share one last joke with you that he just made up:

What didn't the car run?
Because it didn't have any legs!

1 comment:

Rita said...

Pretty clever if I do say so as a Grandma who thinks they are just tops in jokes and rhyming....and Allie...she must have a teacher at Mother' Day Out that reminds the children to do so in case they are not listening...:-)