Friday, September 30, 2011

Lessons From Little Ones

I pray that I teach my kids half as much as they teach me. They give me such a deeper understanding of how God loves me and how I should respond to Him.

Praise the LORD, my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the LORD, my soul, and forget not all his benefits— Psalm 103:1-2

Coleman reminds me that I should not be quick to forget all the blessings God has poured out on my family. It's been 16 months since Brian started his job and Coleman thanks God every night "that Daddy found a job." What a sweet, sweet thing. I pray that he always remembers how God blesses us.

The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever. 1 John 2:17

Spence helps me remember that this world is just my temporary home. His prayers are usually very short, but quite to the point: Dear God, Thank you that we love You, and that we're going to see You in Heaven.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalm 139:13-14

Allie is a little ball of energy, but sometimes I find her sitting on the floor saying, in a sing-song voice, "God made me. God made me. God made me." And I think, "And what a wonderful job He did." He made each of us for a purpose, and my kids remind me daily that I need to be looking for Him in everything, even the small things.

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

Amanda-such sweetness just made my day. Love your posts.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Rhonda!
I really enjoyed your post tonight.
Thanks!!!!!!
T-4

Rita said...

Child like faith...the older I get the more I strive for it....and then...WOW>..it's just right there..

Anonymous said...

WHat a beautiful reading---Iwill try not to miss any of them-Mary