Tuesday, May 29, 2012

What Lives Under the Sheet in Our Garage

I can't even tell you how much fun I'm having working on Allie's doll house!  I stayed up late almost every night this long holiday weekend wallpapering, printing artwork, spray painting, hot gluing curtains, and making furniture.  Brian's been busy also - building and attaching a base, fixing the exterior, and cutting boards for me!  Let me say, I should spend this much time and energy on my real house!  Here are a few pictures:


The house!

How could I dream of leaving this contact paper on the walls?
Ripping out the kitchen paper

The new kitchen wallpaper

I still need to wallpaper several rooms, but looking better!

Hmmm, how to make a washer and dryer?

I think I'll cut the doors open so she can put clothes in!

Some of the furniture and art:  a couch, Mom and Dad's bed, chair (I didn't make this, just spray painted it), a flatscreen TV playing Dora, wedding photo, and painting

I absolutely cannot wait to play with this!  I mean, see Allie play with it!

3 comments:

Rita said...

It's just darling!! She'll love it!!!Good job, Mom and Dad!

Rhonda said...

Oh it is really cute! She's going to love it!

Jennifer said...

Oh my gosh, Amanda. My sisters and I had this exact doll house when we were little. My uncle and his girlfriend made it for us from a kit when I was probably about 8. We had sooo much fun with it. My mom took it up to my grandparents farm to store it and the rats got into it and destroyed most of it. We tried to clean it up for EmmyKate to play with, but it just kept falling apart. I can't believe you found the same one!