Friday, May 25, 2012

Summer... What? Already?

Let me just say, Spence and Allie finished school before I switched into summer-mode!  I feel like I've been running around trying to get ready for some coming things and I've been dragging them with me.  Thankfully Nana came for a day and I was able to get many things done!

For Allie's birthday (which will be here all too soon!) Brian found an awesome doll house on Craigslist that needs a little touching up and redecorating.  We're even going to try to make some of the furniture.  Can't wait to get some pictures of it.  Right now it's hiding from her in the garage under a sheet.  It's 3 feet tall and at least that wide!  But searching for doll house items has been the biggest challenge with Allie out of school, since I don't want her to see what I'm buying!

Another thing that's keeping me busy is getting ready for our church's summer kid's ministry.  I'm so excited to be leading that, and have been blessed with some great volunteers, but it seems like every day I think of something else I need to do or go get!  Please keep us in your prayers as we minister to kids this summer!

I realize that I have pictures of baseball, football, and pool parties that I could post, but I just can't right now.  I will however leave you with the cutest thing Allie told my mom the other day.  Brian and I were leaving to go look at doll house accessories, and Allie was sad that she couldn't go.  Mom said she cried and cried and cried after we left.  Then Mom distracted her.

Nana: Let's go walk around the block.  
Allie:  Okay.
She settled down as they walked along the sidewalk.
Allie:  They're all over my neck!
Nana:  What is?
Allie:  My cryin' things!

1 comment:

Rita said...

Ahhh..Nana to the rescue!!