Friday, June 22, 2012

We've Landed

This week was a wild ride on Amazing Wonders Aviation!  That was our Vacation Bible School theme if you were wondering!  It was at the church where I attend Bible study and MOPS, Sugar Land Baptist.  I was a Bible story teacher in a second grade class, Coleman was in another 2nd grade class, and Spence promoted off the nursery hall and went to the Kindergarten class where he got to attend the worship rally every morning.  Allie's class even got in on some of the action - taking rides in an "airplane" and making aviator goggles.  Fun fun fun!  Now tired tired tired...  I never heard the final number of kids who attended, but I know there were over 700 registered.  They have it set up where it runs quite smoothly!  There's just something about VBS that is exciting and makes me not want to miss out.  I think it's because there are kids who come to VBS who may not go to church any other time of the year.  It's so exciting to be a part of sharing Jesus with them!  I can only pray that many seeds of faith were planted and the "spirited" little boys heard the good news!
Most of the decorations were already taken down by the time we left today, but we found this plane to pose by!

Coleman had me keep taking pictures of him until I captured him in the air

Look at this sweet big brother giving piggy back rides.  These are the moments I know I'll look back on with joy!

It was fun, but let's go home!!!

Coleman got caught several times this week being an awesome big brother.  One day at VBS, his teacher came up to me and said she was asking the kids what the best part of their summer had been so far.  Most of them answered "going to the pool."  But she told me Coleman said, "The best part of my summer so far was seeing my baby sister get her new doll house."  Is that the sweetest thing a 7 year old could say?  And then this morning we were eating breakfast at the Starbucks in our grocery store when a lady came up to our table and said to Coleman, "Is that your little brother?  I was watching you help him and wanted to come tell you what a good big brother you are."  What a kind thing to take time to stop and tell a little boy that!  I'm proud of you Coleman!

3 comments:

Brent said...

I'm proud of him as well! Just think thats the son of a big brother that used drag his little brother over the "deadly". Ha!

Rita said...

Coleman....what a guy!!! So good to hear the good news of VBS!!

Anonymous said...

Coleman is a good big brother. That is awesome!