Friday, January 18, 2013

Something New from Something Old

In the past few years I've discovered the art of changing old things that I've grown tired of into something new that I love!  It's so easy and there are so many possibilities.

Sometimes I get used to things in my house and don't even realize I don't like them anymore.  The other day I was on Pinterest and found some really cool picture frames that someone had made to look like a wreath.  Then one that was an empty frame with a wreath hanging in the middle.  I went looking around my house to figure out where I could hang something like that!  My best option was in the dining room, where I had changed out a store bought framed picture with a homemade picture.  I just didn't quite get it right, and I never really loved it.

I decided to keep the frame and hang a wreath from it, but since our walls are dark, I needed a lighter background so the wreath would stand out.  I decided to go a little funky with the material, and found this great pattern that matches our green dining room chairs!  I covered the cardboard picture that was in the frame with the material and hot glued it into place.  Then I threw out the glass (after I broke it into several pieces trying to remove it from the frame).  I'm trying to decide if I like the bright ribbon or if I want to change it out for burlap ribbon. 



I think I really like this!  I like to hang crafty things like this and look at them for several days before I make a final decision of whether or not I love them.  Anyway, it was an easy project that only cost a little over $12!  Here's a link to the framed wreath I found on Pinterest that was my inspiration.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clever...it looks,,esp for Lent and Easter upon us....
Burlap would look good in the fall...just my opinion....I like it there...
Rita

Anonymous said...

I like it a lot.
Funny I was thinking the same thing Rita. The bow could be changed out as the seasons change. Or holidays change.
Just a thought.
I really like it just like it is!
Debbie