Thursday, January 10, 2013

A New Year

Happy new year!  I usually make New Year's resolutions, but this year I didn't.  At least I didn't write any down or say them out loud.  I didn't sit down and put a lot of thought into what my goals are.  I do have goals though, so maybe I'll write them down here and now!  I think mainly they are to grow each day to be more like Christ and the person that God created me to be, to genuinely love and care about others, and to enjoy my family.  During these first weeks of the new year, enjoying my family has meant letting go of the image of an ordered house and embracing the piles of legos that cover almost every flat surface in my home. 




The boys are extremely into legos right now, and years from now I don't want them to remember how anal Mom was and made them pick up their treasured creations every night.  I want to stop and look at what they've built, and maybe even build my own!  I do realize that one day there won't be any legos lying around.  And while I dream of a calm and uncluttered house, it makes me a little sad.  So that is one of my biggest goals this year:  to embrace this season of life I'm in and enjoy every second of it, messes and all.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

You are so right..
Right now embrace the creative immersion of the Lego life.
Good ma ma's like you know what is best for today!
Enjoy these precious years!
We sure enjoy your blogs sharing these years with us!
Debbie