Monday, December 24, 2012

December in Pictures

December has been a full and exciting month!  I started this month with big plans to do something to celebrate Advent every day, but that just didn't happen.  I'm not upset about it though.  We did some fun things and some really cool service projects!  I think next year I'll let each of the kids tell me something fun they would really like to do and one thing they would like to do to help someone else.  It will be more meaningful to them if they choose it.  Coleman has already told me he wants to be a gift wrapper again for the Christmas party our church has for needy families in our area.  That made me so happy!  I pray that we can keep the joy of helping and serving all year long!  Here are some pictures from this month.

On December 8th, a hot and muggy day, we went to a tree farm to pick out our Christmas tree.  There was a hill covered with hay that the kids enjoyed sliding down, and a hayride out to the trees.


The next day, December 9th, a church close to our house had "Walk Through Bethlehem."  There were all kinds of shops from Bible times set up where the kids could do crafts like make perfume and mosaic tiles.  There were several animals to pet, but the kids really loved this camel.  Allie kept talking about how it pooped!


On December 10th, Allie and I had a play date with Candice and Judson.  We ended up at Chick-Fil-A, although this was Plan D!  Our original plan was the zoo, but it was freezing that day!  So we headed out to the museum, but it was closed!  We traveled through an interesting part of town to go to an indoor play area, only to find that it was way crowded.  So Chick-Fil-A ended up being the best option, and it was lots of fun!  With the kids confined in a small play area, Candice and I got to chat a lot!  One day I'll get a picture of the two of us!

On 12-12-12 I figured I should get a picture to commemorate the date!  Coleman was a little distraught that this was the last date like this in our lifetimes.


On December 12th, we took some Christmas treats to the fire station and the firemen let the kids sit in the truck!
 

December 15th we visited a nursing home with some friends.  The kids passed out cookies and cards, and we brought a few small gifts for residents who might not have family.


On December 16th, our college and career class from church had a Christmas party and did an ugly sweater contest.  Brian was thrilled with the t-shirt I bought for him!  Ha!



One day we went to the dollar store to get some wrapping paper and Spence and Allie wanted to pick out gifts for each other.  I love this picture because you can see Spence holding his two dollars putting lots of though into what he chooses for his sister!



December 18th was not only Brian's birthday, but Allie's first Christmas program!  It was so exciting to see her up on stage putting on a show.

Allie's class with their jingle bells

Allie and her best friend
 
Looking like an angel!
Posing with Nana

I think the boys liked watching Allie perform

So proud of her!
 Several evenings I looked for a chance to take a Christmas pajama picture, but I kept running into issues.  One night it was too late, another someone had an attitude.  Finally I found a good night, but then Allie started crying and being a real toot.  Somehow we managed to get her downstairs, and ended up getting the best picture!  I just love this one!  I think it will take the place of my Santa picture that we didn't do this year.


December 19th, Brian and I had our 14th anniversary.  Wow!  We'll go out to celebrate while the grandparents are here since that was a Wednesday and we didn't get to do anything together.  There was lots of fun going on that day though with our 2nd annual neighbors cookie baking party!  We ended up filling and passing out about 14 boxes of Christmas cookies.  It's such a fun way to say "Merry Christmas" to neighbors you know and meet new neighbors!  I think we'll keep this tradition going!


December 21st was class parties at the boys' school.  I helped out in Spence's class and went and said hi to Coleman and his class.  The boys are blessed with a great school and wonderful teachers, but boy are they excited about being on break until JANUARY 8TH!!!


Merry Christmas Eve to your family!  We're gonna have some fun today with Grandma and Grandpa!

1 comment:

Rita said...

You did have a busy December!!! And yes...we did have fun!!