Friday, December 07, 2012

Not Just Another Thursday

Ever have one of those days that packs a week's worth of activities?  Yesterday was that day for us!  It started with a field trip, where I chased 3 Kindergarten boys around the zoo.  Which was fun, but definitely exhausting!  I got back home in time to go pick up Allie from school.  Then once we got the boys it was off to gymnastics.  Coleman usually brings his homework and gets this done while Spence and Allie are in their classes, but he forgot his back pack at home.  After gymnastics, we grabbed dinner at Chick-fil-A, then headed out to our city's Christmas tree lighting event where we met Brian.  The tree lighting was one of those things I figured we should do at least once, so now it's done and I can cross it off my list! I hate to sound like a scrooge, but large crowds just aren't my thing.  There was a church choir that sang some real Christmas songs (meaning they were actually about Jesus) but other than that it was mostly about Santa.  And my kids really aren't that into Santa.  When we got home around 8:30, Coleman had to start his homework.  What a long day, but I'm so blessed that I can do all these things with my kids! 

I played zookeeper to these 3 cuties!

They were in charge of the map

Spence's class

At the tree lighting - This is the closest we'll get to a snowman!

We called this a polar bear, but looking at him now I'm thinking he's just a giant white teddy bear

The 40 foot Christmas tree

1 comment:

Rita said...

What a fun, busy schedule....the boys look like they had fun ...Spence in shorts??? WOW>..we had another 6 in of snow yesterday...Allie looks so sweet...