Monday, July 01, 2013

Now that She's 4...

 ... Allie has graduated from the church nursery and now goes to the worship service then Children's Church on Sunday and Kid's Bible Club on Wednesdays!  On her first night in KBC, I walked in at the end just in time to hear her telling the teacher that Jesus died on the cross for us.  Big smiles!  She acts like she's been going to "big church" and in with the older kids forever!  She's full of wisdom. Just listen to what she told me today:  "I know God is bigger than an elephant standing on his tippy toes." So true.
 

Allie's first night in Kid's Bible Club her friend Drew invited her to sit next to him

Now that she's 4, she also has her own castle.  Well not completely her own, she has to share it with her brothers.  We have a ton of boxes in our house, so this was our first attempt at repurposing some of them. I wonder if all business-owners-who-work-out-of-their-homes-and-get-large-box-deliveries kids' have it so good?


This week is all about getting ready for our big road trip.  I'm really excited and nervous at the same time.  We're stocking up on snacks, treats, and dollar store finds to keep everyone occupied in the car.  A sweet friend gave the kids a Nintendo DS, and another pair of sweet friends gave them lots of games to use with it!  I've been putting together some activities for them to do on the long drive, and one of my favorites is what I like to call Magna-Daughter.  I'll post some pictures of it soon!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

One thing I did for the kids when we went on a trip last year was tie a ribbon across the car inside. Then I taped to it different places we would travel through. Each time we got to a new place, we would move our paper car over to it. It really helped cut down on the "Are we there yet?" because could see how many more cities we had to go through.

Rita said...

Or in your case....states.LOL

Allie is growing so fast in truth and size!!

Rem...gifts shops are so much more fun than the "main event" you are seeing!

Boxes....boxes.....the best for creativity! Way to go, Mom!