Thursday, February 11, 2010

Underwear, Cookies, and a Hammer Tale

Potty training (known to all as my least favorite aspect of motherhood) is in full force. Monday, Spence went through all three pairs of his underwear in the first half of the day. Tuesday I bought a pack of 10. I have to set the timer for 20 minutes and have plenty of M&Ms on hand. I feel like all I do is wind up a timer and pull down pants all day long! For now the underwear is only an at-home experiment. It's been getting better.

Spence in his Toy Story underwear. Isn't he sweet?

Our Valentine cookies were sweet too!

Grandma and Grandpa sent us a Valentine package that included some red, pink and white M&Ms. Instead of using them all as potty treats, I decided to make one of the recipes from the back of the bag. Didn't our Valentine cookies turn out pretty? But really, who cares what a cookie looks like as long as it tastes good. And they did!

Nana helped decorate

Spence helped lick the utensils

One night this week Spence hit Coleman with his plastic toy hammer. Brian sent him to time out then was talking with him.

Brian: Spence, do you hit your friends at school with a hammer?
Spence: No.
Brian: You shouldn't hit your brother either.
Spence: (after thinking for a minute) I don't hit my friends with a hammer because they don't have one at school.

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Kids are so logical! Oh course he can't hit them with a hammer if they don't have one.

Paul and Candice said...

Oh, Spence, you make me laugh!

I would say something wise about potty training, but Paul David humbled me by showing me that I have NO IDEA what I was doing when it came to that! I will agree with you that it is the WORST parenting job...hope it's over soon:)

Anonymous said...

Peyton LOVES Toy Story, so the Buzz and Woody underwear worked wonders at our house. They are his absolute favorite. Of course he wore them backwards for the longest time so he could see the picture. Good Luck. If Allie is like Haylea, she will be a breeze compared to the boys. :-)
Jaime

Rita said...

Yummy cookies and cute underwear boy!!!

Shandra said...

i hate potty training too! i dread when it's claire's turn.

and the hammer story was too funny! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Amanda these pics are so sweet.
I love the hammer story! ;) too funny!!! (I laughed out loud)

Mrs. H said...

Oh how cute Spence! I also like your Toy story undies! Griffin would like them too!