Monday, August 08, 2011

Summer Happenings

We're in the final weeks of summer! And as you can tell from the lack of recent posts, it has been a busy one! I've been having a wonderful time working with Children's Church and Wednesday night Kids' Bible Club this summer. I've also been doing some planning for our upcoming MOPS year (Mothers of Preschoolers). Another lady and I are planning the Bible story and craft for the kids.

I'm pretty sure the kids will enjoy being back in the routine of the school year. Coleman and Spence start getting on each others' nerves when they spend too much time together. Coleman will start 1st grade on August 22. Then Spence and Allie will start Mother's Day Out after Labor Day.

Allie is still working on potty training. If I had my act together, she'd be trained by now, but I am just lazy. She's doing well though! Hopefully it won't take too long. Also, Allie still refuses to wear any kind of pony tail or clip in her hair to keep it out of her face, so I had to take her for a haircut today. I couldn't get a picture of her in the chair getting the few strands cut because she would only sit there in my lap! But I did get a before and after picture. And no, I did not comb her hair after. I wanted it to look like her!

Miss Messy Hair

Still messy, but she can see now!
She's eating Skittles and putting a sticker on her potty chart.

And just so I remember all about Allie's first haircut:
Date: August 8, 2011
Location: Great Clips
Stylist: Shentelle
Style: Trimmed bangs so her hair wouldn't be in her eyes
Cost: $5 (plus a $2 tip)
Behavior: She kept saying, "I get haircut!" But when we got there she didn't want to sit in the chair. She sat perfectly still on my lap, with a sucker of course, for the 3 minutes it took to cut her bangs!

And nothing to do with the haircut, but here's a funny picture from last week:

Why I have to put the sunscreen up... way up!

So that's what is going on with Allie. The boys are having a fun week also! They are attending a sports camp at our gym. Today they learned about basketball and tomorrow is football.


The boys (and Allie) are also enjoying a new toy they helped Daddy build. It's a ramp like one that Brian's dad built for him and his brother when they were little.


Hope you're having an awesome summer too!

2 comments:

Paul and Candice said...

Her hair is so sweet! I love it! I also love that ramp! What a fun toy!!! Can't wait to see you guys next week:)

Rita said...

Yes...Allie can see! ANd it looks cute...

the ramp is good.....looks like some traditions live on!!!