Thursday, December 22, 2011

Keeping Busy with Projects

I started to write about all the togetherness that my kids and I are getting during this Christmas break. But you don't want to hear about how they continually try to kill each other and I go lock myself in the bathroom. So instead let me show you some of the projects I've been working on!

I saw this on pinterest and fell in love! (I wish I could find the girl's site where I got the idea and give credit, but for some reason pinterest isn't working for me right now.) I cut out the fork, knife, and spoon on the green paper, then layered it over brown paper. Then I wrote "let's eat" with a brown pencil. Brian and I bought the frame in Austin last year and it's been sitting in my closet just waiting for me to use it. I love how this turned out! It's hanging on the wall by my kitchen table.

Let's eat!

My next project is hopefully the answer to books all over the place in the boys' room and digging for Church library books every Sunday morning.


When I first got these canvas storage boxes I tried to have them keep all their books in them. There's just something about books thrown on a bookshelf or strewn across the floor that really irks me. Anyway, keeping all the books in the boxes was a little too much. Plus they could never find the book they wanted.


Now the boxes are labeld "Library Books", "Chapter Books", and "I Can Read Books." I'm hoping this will help keep them a little more organized and easier to find. I love fun little projects!

1 comment:

Rita said...

Ahh...I never get the urge to organize till January and the Christmas decorations are put away...You are on the ball!!