Monday, December 12, 2011

My New Interest...

...Pinterest! I still don't fully understand repinning and all that goes along with the addictive site known as pinterest.com, but I've spent enough time to find some great craft and gift ideas! I'm in this phase of getting rid of useless junk, so I can't justify buying someone else something that will be useless junk for them or that will sit around and collect dust. I love my kids' teachers and always want to get them good gifts, but when there are 7 teachers to buy for, I can't afford to spend a lot of money on each. So frugal, useful gifts were on the list for this year. Everyone washes their hands, right? Hopefully, at least.

Aren't these too cute? I saw this idea on pinterest (here's the lady's site) and used it not only for the kids' teachers, but for the 15 child care workers for MOPS. I used Softsoap, removed the labels and cleaned off sticky residue with Goo Gone, created my own labels then took them to Kinko's and had transparencies made, cut the labels to fit, rolled them up and inserted them into the soap bottle, then used the end of a plastic fork to stick to the bottle and get in place. Simple! Adorable!

In addition to the Christmas soap bottle, I made this one for Coleman's teacher. If you can't read it, it says, "Wash those germs down the sink 'cause being sick really stinks!"

This is my other great find on pinterest (find it on this site). Brian found this frame at a garage sale and we figured we'd eventually have something to put in it. I spray painted it, then used hot glue to attach the fabric wreath and ornaments. Love it! The one I found on pinterest had a big bow at the top, but I'm an awful bow maker.

And here's one of the cutest things I have in my house this Christmas. I didn't get her on pinterest! Don't you love the smile. And the tights. I love Christmas dresses and tights.

But she looks equally as cute wrapped in the Christmas tree skirt! What a sweety!

2 comments:

Rita said...

Oh..what a great idea...the soaps are really cute...and USEFUL!!!!

ANd the frame is darling,,,,but not as darling as that little Allie!!

Rhonda said...

Amanda I think Pinterest is one of the top 5 things I love most about my new job! :) LOL
I'm addicted just a little and think it's about as great as chocolate! ;)
Oh and I can't sign off before saying your kiddos are adorable adorable adorable!!!
xo xo xo