Sunday, March 25, 2012

Being Thankful

This morning I noticed that Spence, Allie, and I were all wearing stripes. I started to get all crazy and make Coleman go change and tell Brian what to wear, but I chilled and went to find the camera. Yay for pretty Spring days!

Trying extra hard to look super sweet!

OK, this looks more natural!

Family Picture

So this past week I got the helpful kick in the butt I've been needing to get back on track with my healthy eating and consistent exercise: Are you expecting? Seriously I thought everyone got the memo that you no longer ask that unless a girl is wearing a shirt with an arrow pointing to her belly and the word "baby" across it. But really, I'm so thankful I got asked this. I needed that push to get back in gear! I thanked God that this person asked me that. (And I prayed that she didn't feel too bad about it.) And lately I've been practicing thanking God for everything. At first it feels strange, but after you get into it, it feels great! During Spring break week I had a little medical thing goin' on that had me laid out on the couch. Brian had to take off work and my Mom ended up coming to take care of us for about 3 days. I truly had a decision to make: wallow in pity (and that can be such fun, right?) or praise God. I have not always chosen option #2, but this time I did and it made so much difference. He is amazing! I hope I can always remember that. So if you hear me complaining, please remind me!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a BEAUTIFUL family!
You look like you belong on the front of a magazine!
Great picture!
No touch up's needed!!
Debbie

Rita said...

They don't just look sweet...they are sweet....great spring fam picture..."-)