Thursday, April 05, 2012

Reasons I Might Go Insane

I realized that sometimes I post funny things the kids said or did on Facebook and some of my faithful readers (the grandmothers especially) may not read them. So here are some random things that have been going on lately that might have made it on Facebook, but not to bloggyland.

Monday afternoon I walked into the kitchen just in time to hear Spence telling Allie how to open the child safety locked cabinets. "You use two fingers and push down here," he proudly told her. "No Spence!" I desperately cried. But it was too late. She got it.

That night the tooth fairy would have made a visit to our house, but Coleman found out she didn't exist! Or actually that she and I are one in the same. This was only his fourth tooth to lose, so I was a tad disappointed that he figured it out so quickly. But now I'm pretty glad because I didn't really like sneaking in his room and trying to retrieve the tooth from under his pillow and replace it with money. Here's how he found out:

Coleman: The tooth fairy isn't real. It's just Mommy.

Brian: How'd you find out?
Coleman: Really?!?! It's just Mommy?!?!

I figure Santa's goin' down real soon.

Allie's been climbing out of her crib for quite a while now, so yesterday I took the front off to make it into a toddler bed. She didn't sleep at all, but she was really quiet. When I went to get her, she was wearing Christmas pajama pants, a pink hat, and summer sandals. Things were dumped out in her closet too. Nap time may go down before Santa does.

Then today Spence and Allie had Easter egg hunts at their school. When we got home I was in the kitchen with Allie helping her open all her eggs and see what was in them. By the time I went into the living room to help Spence, he already had them all open and the contents divided into three piles: Like, Don't Like, and Wonder. Don't you love it? As if, I wonder if I'll like this candy? I'm pretty concerned that he might have been switched at birth though. He had Snickers in the Don't Like pile.

And another thing about Easter candy. Just when I get in the habit of eating Cuties instead of candy, here comes another commercialized holiday with eggs filled with chocolate! Grrrrrr. But it looks like I don't have to worry about today's batch of delectable treats. Coleman kept sneaking candy all afternoon until all but a lone caramel was left. Then he ended up in the bathroom thinking he was going to puke! They must have learned about eating healthy at school today because when I told him he was probably sick because of all the candy he ate, he said, "But I ate healthy stuff too to unclog all the bad stuff." It's true, between pieces of candy he ate some string cheese and different fruits. If only that worked!

Tomorrow we're off to spend Easter weekend with my parents. I'm excited to spend time with family, and super-excited that Allie won't have to ask me 572 times a day when we're going to Nana's! Ha! And we're also going to tour replicas of the Nina and Pinta. Fun! Unless you ask Coleman. According to him everything we do or everywhere we go is for babies. Gee whiz, I thought that attitude wouldn't start until he was at least 12.

I hope you all have a blessed Easter, remembering that Jesus paid the full price for our sins, and completed the work of salvation on the cross! Happy Easter!

2 comments:

Rita said...

Thanks for sharing the stories with us.....love them as usual.....Hope you had a wonderful time also....

sheree said...

So glad Caleb isn't the only unimpressed elementary kid around. It gets discouraging at times. Funny stuff here. Loved it all.