Thursday, April 12, 2012

Wednesday's To Do List

1. Register Spence for Kindergarten

Oh my! Kindergarten registration already?

2. Play at the Galleria (and buy some shoes and have lunch with Daddy)



3. Buy a huge sticky sucker

4. Share our candy


It feels good to get so much accomplished in one day! And can you believe Spence is getting ready for Kindergarten? It's true! I guess I don't have much else to say about that. It was all so dramatic with Coleman. He was my first baby going off to big school. And he wanted nothing to do with Kindergarten so I felt like I was always walking on eggshells around him, trying not to mention anything remotely school-related! But Spence is Mr. Laidback. He just goes with the flow. I'm not even sure he realized we were registering him for school. He was just excited that I gave him a ring pop to suck on while I filled out paperwork.

I didn't really want to go to the Galleria, but there's a shoe store there I "needed" to go to. We pulled into an underground parking garage and Spence said in amazement, "Are we at the airport?!?" Then one of the first things we saw when we went in was a fountain where the water fell into the fountain from pipes coming out of the ceiling. And of course the play area was a big hit! (Grandma, I told them we'd have to go back to the Galleria next time you visit! Pretty sure you won't mind.) It was also fun that Daddy could walk over from his office and have lunch with us! The kids from the 'burbs had a great time at the big city mall!


Comparison pictures! Here's Coleman when we registered him for Kindergarten in April 2010...


...and Spence 2 years later!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it is Spence's turn.
How exciting is that!
Stella went to Kindergarten round up in Michigan Wednesday to register too.
They are growing up!
Love the Galleria!
Debbie

Paul and Candice said...

Can't believe it's time to send these little guys off the BIG SCHOOL! Glad you were able to get so much done, and glad you're feeling better!!!

Rita said...

He'll love it .....I can't believe he'll be in school every day...WOW>..Love the comparison picture...those suckers look good...and sticky!!

Ya....OK.....I'll go with to the Galleria....if you insist!! What shoe store is there you like??

Allie looks like she is having a good time!!