Monday, April 23, 2012

Simple Things Make Me Smile


Don't you love when little things bring a smile to your face?  It helps me remember and realize how good God is - that He would give us little blessings through out the day!  Something that I might miss if I weren't paying attention.  Makes me want to keep my eyes open and looking for Him in everything!

Coleman after playing football

I love that Coleman is enjoying football so much!  In the beginning, I wasn't very happy about him playing football.  But I see how much fun he is having and how good he is at it, and it makes me happy!  I'll admit I'm still a little sad that there weren't any smiles like this in basketball, but I'm realizing that he is old enough now to figure out what he likes and what he is good at and go for it!

What's that in her hair???





This little girl is finally keeping barrettes and pony tails in her hair (at least for a little while).  This one lasted until nap time!  I told her she could choose between getting a haircut or keeping her hair pulled back.  This is her choice for now and I'm happy with it!

There's only one word to describe this:  Spence!

And who wouldn't smile at this sight?  I can't even begin to explain it, but he's got a camo army helmet cover on his head, crazy eye glasses, and fake teeth in his mouth.  I was out last night and Brian said he kept hearing Spence laughing.  He looked and Coleman and Allie were both in the room with him, so he couldn't figure out what Spence was laughing at.  Brian found Spence in the bathroom checking himself out in the mirror and laughing hysterically.  What a hoot!

Saying Cheese at Chuck E. Cheese!

Today my sweet friends from church Amelia and Grace volunteered to take another friends' 3 boys to Chuck E. Cheese and we met them there.  Chuck E. Cheese on a weekday morning is fun place to go!  I don't recommend going there on a Saturday.  The kids had so much fun together!  What sweet ladies to treat these boys to an exciting morning of games and pizza!  And those precious little boys are about to have a new little sister!

Another simple thing that made me smile recently was when our neighborhood changed the red lights so the left turn flashes yellow and you can go if no cars are coming.  Coleman couldn't figure out why I was so excited, but let me tell you, I was EXCITED!  We go through one of those lights to get to church and the ballpark, so our drive time just got shorter!


Leave a comment to tell me something simple that makes you smile!

Please excuse all the extra spaces.  Blogger has decided to "simplify" its layout.  This does not make me smile.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You enjoying your children and watching them grow on FB makes me smile!
The cool 38 degree weather we are having tonight makes me smile.
Coleman loves football yeah!
Allie looks fabulous in baretts!
Spence is so funny! Dram club here he comes!
T-4

Rita said...

Yes...reading your blog makes me smile!!!

And today...sunshine and leaves popping out everywhere is delightful!!