Sunday, April 01, 2012

Sunday Afternoon Football

When Coleman told me he wanted to play football, I was not thrilled. I'm guessing there are other moms who get a bit nervous thinking about their babies playing that sport. Surely I'm not the only one! "But this is flag football," I was told. I was still concerned. What if he liked it? What if he was good at it? It won't be flag football forever. Soon it will be (pause for shudder) ... tackle.

And anyway, Coleman is already playing baseball. One sport at a time, right? That was the rule we came up with. But I was outvoted. Brian informed me that all practices and games would be on Sunday afternoons and he would be completely responsible for everything involved. So Coleman signed up.

Today was Coleman's first game. I stayed home with Spence and Allie since Spence wasn't feeling well and Allie needed a nap. I also figured that since it was the first game they'd still have lots of kinks to work out. I probably wouldn't miss anything. So I was quite surprised to learn upon their arrival home that Coleman scored 3 touchdowns! He loved it! At first I wasn't too happy that he loved it, but I guess I'm warming up to it. I actually can't wait to go see his next game! Brian got a few really good videos and some pictures. Coleman's team is the Saints. So Geaux Saints!

Coleman's in the red shorts

Going for the flag!


First Play

Coleman's 2nd touchdown


Coleman's team was down by 2 points with 11 seconds to go. Coach called a time out and told the qb to hand it off to Coleman and for Coleman to run it in for a touchdown. Here's the final play of the game:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Coleman you are amazing!
You know all the good moves and can run so FAST!
Good job!

Rita said...

WOW..You may be a Saint...but I think I see Bruin qualities there!!

Great job....We love to watch you run!!

Grandpa and Grandma