Monday, August 27, 2012

First Day of School!

Here's a look at our morning for the first day of school:

 The boys' lunches packed and ready!

 Time to wake up, Spence!

 Eating a good breakfast for the first day of school

 The backpacks are ready

 We're off to Kindergarten and 2nd grade!

 Almost there

 Spence wanted to point to his school

 No turning back now!

 Spence telling his teacher that he brought lunch from home

After we dropped Coleman off, Allie said, "Take my picture!"

The morning went pretty smoothly.  Well, except for Spence tripping down the stairs.  He was fine though!  Last night I was looking at the post from Coleman's first day of Kindergarten and he had said, "My teacher better not try to teach me to read because it won't work."  So this morning I asked Spence if he thought his teacher would teach him to read today.  He said, "I already know how to read."

It's so strange being home with just Allie.  I think we'll find some fun things to do though!  And then we'll go pick up the boys and hear all about their exciting day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting for the boys!
I remember when you were setting up the nursery for Coleman. The little dogs on the blue blankets etc.
It will be so quiet at home.
You and Allie will find all kinds of new things to do together and enjoy each others company.
Wishing a great new school year to everyone!
Debbie

Rita said...

Spence looks rather excited!! Coleman....old hat!! Love the notes in their lunches from Mommy..and Allie will be the apple of your time for a few hours!! I pray they have a good learning experience this year.