Friday, April 25, 2014

Easter

Believe it or not, it has taken me a long time to write this post about Easter.  I don't want to sound like a grumpalumpagus (sounds just like it's spelled) or have anyone think I disapprove of  the way they choose to celebrate Easter.  So here goes:  I don't like the Easter bunny.  There... I said it!  I think it's because he seems to take the place of Jesus as the meaning of Easter for so many people.  I really like coloring eggs, stuffing candy in plastic eggs and letting the kids hunt for them, and dressing up pretty on Easter Sunday.  But for some reason I just can't get behind the rabbit.  Thankfully my kids don't seem to care about him either.  I don't have a problem with other people including the Easter bunny in their celebration of Easter, as long as he isn't the main focus.

As for Easter, what a meaningful day to think about how truly amazing God's gift of salvation is, and what He did to pay for our sins.  Not only did Jesus physically suffer on the cross, but He who knew no sin became sin for us (2 Cor. 5:21).  He suffered separation from God for a time so He could take on our sins.  Thankfully we can praise Him for that every day, but Easter is a time where we focus our hearts on that truth and worship and thank Him for that ultimate sacrifice. 

We had a very relaxing Easter weekend!  The boys had Good Friday off from school so we got to hang out Friday, then go to birthday parties on Saturday and hunt for eggs with friends, celebrate the true meaning of Easter on Sunday and then just take it easy!
 
We took the camera to church so someone could get a picture of our family on Easter, but we forgot!  Here are a few pictures from the weekend though.


Spence and Allie had fun coloring eggs!  OK, I had fun coloring eggs also.  And had to keep reminding myself it was alright when they would drip and mix the colors. 




The kids and our neighbors had an Easter egg hunt on Saturday.  I got a kick out of the boys' "baskets."  Coleman dumped some toys out of a plastic container and Spence grabbed a box that his newest toy came in.  Meanwhile the girls have pretty buckets and baskets!


I think confetti eggs are my favorite!  We all were covered in confetti.  Even Maestro!



1 comment:

Rita said...

Yes..the true meaning of Easter....:)

Yes, there is a difference between the girls and boys baskets.. Yes, indeed. That's why we pick out clothes and decide on paint colors!

Did anyone actually eat the colored eggs? We colored a lot but no one would eat them.

Seeing allie's outfit answers my question if I only need jeans...NOT.