Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Football and Flowers

I have to laugh when I think back to my Jr. High cheerleading days.  We had to be taught some of the basic rules of football, but I think our sponsor was happy if we could tell if our team was on offense or defense!  We had a cheer about "1st and 10" and I had no clue what that meant!

These days you'll find me cheering on the sidelines for my two favorite players and their coach.  And I love it! I haven't even minded that the last two weeks have been somewhat rainy.  Allie scored her first touchdown last week (I might have already written about that, but I can't remember.) and she had a great run this week.  She stopped short of making a touchdown, so we're not sure if she thought she crossed into the end zone or if she got tired.  Coleman scored two touchdowns this past Sunday, and helped his team win!  They must have an awesome coach...


I made it back in town just in time to see Allie play on Sunday.  I went to a ladies' retreat with some girls from my church.  It was such a relaxing, renewing time.  Just a great time to get away, dig into God's Word, and enjoy a little break from cooking, cleaning, driving a carpool, laundry, and the other 10 thousand things we do every day!  The camp is in Washington, TX, which is just outside of Brenham (where Blue Bell ice cream is made!!!).  The blue bonnets and other wild flowers were spectacular!  Since we didn't have our kids with us to photograph (that's a Texas thing - finding blue bonnets and taking your kids' picture sitting in them) we plopped ourselves down and took our own pictures!  There was even a Blue Bonnet Festival going on.  


Allie loves playing football, but she's not much of a spectator.  I tried to tell them that their brother had scored a touchdown and they should come cheer for him, but I guess this tree was calling their names!
It's so funny how at home we think we "need" all these different toys, video games,  and TV.  When all it takes to make kids happy is a tree.



2 comments:

Rita said...

Great blog, Amanda! It sure makes me smile to read of your adventures in life. Cute photos...darling kiddos.

Mary G. said...

SO glad you are writing again-looks like everyone is having a good time-touchdowns and flowers, and relaxation! Great pics.