Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Fieldtripathon

Last week both Spence and Allie went on field trips, and I tagged along!  The first graders went to Hermann Park and the Houston Children's Museum.  As a former teacher I remember how field trips test your ability to count.  As in you are constantly counting to make sure you haven't lost anyone!  Quit moving so I don't count you twice!  I only got 19.  Who's missing?  But this field trip was very organized and went quite smoothly.  At the park the parents and teachers made a barricade around the playground so no one escaped!  Then at the museum every class had its own guide to lead them around.  Then with the teacher and 5 or 6 parents it was easy to keep up with everyone. 

Waterworks

Spence and his buddies

In the invention room, Spence neglected all the other cool stations to build a Lego car.  Oh well, he knows what he likes!

Racing his Lego car

Rock wall

What a fun day with a bunch of 1st graders!

Allie's field trip was to Bayou Wildlife Park in Alvin.  We've been to several field trips there, but I don't think she was old enough the last time we were there to remember it.  She and her friends had so much fun!  First off was a pony ride.  Well, first off was standing in line for longer than most 4 year olds can handle to wait for a pony ride.  But I'm guessing they thought it was worth it!



The goats just wanted to eat the girls' clothes!

Ready for the tram ride to feed all the animals!



My FAVE!!!

This guy, Goliath, is pretty cool too.  He's not full grown, but when he is each horn will weigh about 65 lbs.  There was a full grown one that couldn't even hold his head up.  I felt sorry for him!

I think I love coming here so much because, really, where else can you go around here to look a camel in the eyes?

And here it is, the last picture of a preschool field trip.  I can hardly believe it!

3 comments:

Rita said...

Fun, fun,fun! Looks like all had a good time and mommy too!

Jennifer said...

Very fun!

Mary G. said...

What great field trips---you will be glad you went on them--alot of good memories!