Sunday, July 29, 2007

Flushed Out To Sea

Coleman is under the impression that when you flush the toilet, whatever is in there goes to the ocean. That all started with a simple comment I made several months ago when I had him flush a dead bug. I told him the bug was going to the ocean, since that's a fun place to go. Now Coleman is learning to go to the potty like a big boy. Sometimes he uses his little potty chair, but other times he likes to stand on his stool and use the big potty like Daddy. Today after we got home from church we were in the bathroom and he was standing on his stool trying to go. He kept putting his foot over the bowl like he was going to step in. I kept telling him no. Then he started saying something about going to the ocean. I think that he thought if he flushed himself down the toilet he could get to the ocean! So I had to explain to my 2 1/2 year old that if we want to go to the ocean, we have to drive in the car, not flush ourselves down the toilet. That's a conversation I've never had before, and honestly never dreamed of having!

Well, toilet travel may not be in our future, but we do have exciting things happening. Today our church voted to call a new pastor! We had an opportunity to meet him and his family yesterday and hear him preach today. He is wonderful and we are thrilled. Our church has much change in store, so please be in prayer for us. Today he preached from Ezekiel 22:30, so this week my challenge is to stand in the gap and realize that one person can make a difference. Will I? I pray God will show me ways that I can make a difference. Have a blessed week everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amanda you are an amazing woman.
I have a feeling that you are a gap gal. (and I don't mean the store)

:)