Saturday, July 28, 2007

Spence's Head vs. The Coffee Table

I have to tell myself, "God knew what He was doing when He made me the mommy of two boys." Sometimes I wonder how I'm going to survive, or maybe how they are going to survive boyhood. Sure, girls are known for their drama, but there's a certain kind of drama around this boy-filled household. For example, today's drama (so far) was Will Spence's head hold up while being banged into the coffee table over and over? Luckily, it did! Brian assures me that little brothers are tough - tougher than their big brothers. They have to be! Maybe one day Spence and Uncle Brent can talk about all the torture they endured as little bros. And hopefully I can keep Brian from teaching Coleman all his big brother tricks! But just in case, I'll keep Spence's head away from the coffee table.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing what boys can endure...
You could always duck tape throw pillows on the corners?
But, then there'd be a new danger.
God def. made boys different than girls!
Hang in there...
Maybe God wanted you to be the Queen of the house?
I'm slowly but surely reaping the benefits of that.
:)

I love your posts!

Sherrie said...

I think that little kids are attracted to the coffee table, end tables, or anything with corner... :) Keanul and Rozalynn have had stitches on their head.. I hope no permittent brain damange is done..lol Even though you were to have a girl doesn't mean she wants to play Barbies..Rozalynn will choose a car toy over a Barbie any day. Every once in awhile she'll play with her Bratz dolls.
Hang in there.