Thursday, January 27, 2011

15 Years Younger

My car is at the dealership having some repairs done while it's still under warranty, so they gave me a rental to drive today. I was going to have to pay to upgrade to an SUV, so I just took what they had: a VW Beetle!

I have to tell you I was a little skeptical at first, but as I started down the freeway I felt at least 15 years younger! Sure, there are two car seats in the back and I was going to buy groceries and a new shower curtain, but hey, I can dream for a minute or two! I'm used to driving a wagon, so imagine my surprise when I looked over my shoulder and actually saw out the back windshield! It kind of freaked me out. You're probably thinking, "Two car seats? Doesn't she have three kids?" Coleman's just out of luck! Actually, after I pick up Spence and Allie from MDO, we'll walk to go get Coleman. Then my Mom will be here later since she's staying with the boys this weekend. And I guess I'll have to go return my sweet little ride. But really, it's fun for a day, but I wouldn't trade a thing, or especially anybody, that fits in my wagon for anything in the world.

Earlier this week a friend and I went to see Brandon Heath. I love him! Our Christian radio station has free concerts at Chick-Fil-As around town, and this one just happened to be in Sugar Land. I had lots to do while the kids were at school, but I'm so glad I made time to go to this!

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Love Brandon Heath too!!!!!
Thank you for being here Amanda.
It means more than I can say.
Love you.