Friday, January 07, 2011

Captive Pictures and Hatching Noodles

My body has been rebelling against structure and routine this week! I have been dragging myself out of bed with just enough time to get Coleman up and ready for school without being late. I have so many pictures from Christmas and the last few weeks on my camera, but the only card reader I can find isn't working to upload the pictures. I only halfway seem to care about this! That's how tired I am!

I've been on strict birthday party prep mode. Coleman's 6th birthday party will be next weekend and the plans are really coming together. He asked to have a Bible-themed party, so we're having lots of fun with it! I'm so proud of my little guy for wanting a party about God and the Bible. I hope it's his best party ever! I know if I can't find the card reader that works for the camera by next weekend, I'll have to go buy a new one so I can share the pictures!

Since I have no funny pictures to share, I'll leave you with these words:

This afternoon I was doing a lot of cooking and Spence really wanted me to play with him. I kept saying, "As soon as I'm done cooking I'll come out and play." He would come back every so often and ask if I was done. Finally, I said, "As soon as these noodles are done. I can't leave the kitchen while they're still cooking." And he said, "Why? They might hatch?"

Walking home from Coleman's school today, Spence saw a house he wanted.
Spence: Look at that pretty house! When can we have it?
Mommy: I don't think it's for sale. Why do you want it?
Spence: 'Cause it has a flag out front and I like flags.
Mommy: Then maybe we should get a flag. That would be a lot easier than buying a new house.

3 comments:

Paul and Candice said...

Oh, I think I would go NUTS without my card reader! Hope you get one that works soon...can't wait to see all the fun you guys had over the break!

Paul David wants us to put an American Flag out front, too! How Funny!

Rita said...

Yes. a flag is alot cheaper than moving.isn't it funny what they see and then why they like it...I saw a house once,,loved it...Gale asked my why..I like the steps!!

Or a car...cuz I liked the door handles...Spence must think like his Grandma."-)

Anonymous said...

Spence is so cute!
I've been waiting for those Christmas pictures.. hope you get what you need to post them soon.
We understand being tired...
You have 5 people to take care of.
T-4