Monday, January 24, 2011

Rainy Monday

It's a rainy Monday here. I didn't want to drag the kids to the gym in this weather, so I did 3 miles of my workout DVD at home. That was a great way to start my week! Spence and Allie actually cooperated (for the most part) and I got it done without having to hit pause too many times. That's my goal for this week: 3 miles every day!

I've been so bad at keeping up with the blog lately. Every day the boys say something cute and I think I'll write about it, but then I get sidetracked. I'm really bad about getting sidetracked. It's a complete miracle that I ever finish anything!

Today Allie dumped a bowl of Life cereal (no milk, just dry) into Spence's new rain boots. Then she ate it straight out of the boot! He's only worn the boots a few times, so they aren't completely gross. There, I rationalized it enough so it wasn't a disgusting act.

And really, how could anything she does be disgusting? She's just too adorable. As is her brother, who is playing behind the blinds with her.

Brian, Allie, and I will be traveling to Wisconsin this Friday to be with our family for a memorial service. Rita's sister Jeani passed away on January 11th. She was such a sweet, loving woman. Even though I did not get the opportunity to spend much time with her, she made me feel like a part of the family. She would read the blog and comment, she would send the kids things. Even though she never got to meet Allie and only met Spence once. She truly had a love for her family that will never be forgotten. We are so thankful that we get to go and celebrate her life and be with the people that she loved so much, and the people we love so much. It is amazing that even in the midst of grieving, God allows us to have peace. That's what I'm praying for Jeani's family: a peace and comfort that can only come from above and knowing that their loved one is in the presence of Jesus and no longer in pain. I am so blessed to have married into this family.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eating cereal out of a boot.
That is a new one.
Adorable picture!
They are having so much fun!
We have been blessed
to have you be a part of our family!
See you in Wisconsin.
T-4

Paul and Candice said...

I'm so sorry to your family on their loss. You'll be in my prayers this week.

Rhonda said...

We are blessed to have you in this family.

Can't wait to see you!