Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Clean Slate, Begin Again

Welcome 2012! I love a new year simply for the fact that I feel like I get a fresh start. I'm going to wipe the slate clean, forgive myself for putting on those extra pounds, not remembering to send out all the birthday cards, or letting my closet get piled up with junk. That all happened last year! Old news! Here are my goals for this year:
  • Make healthy choices and get fit (this seems to be a recurring one; maybe this year I'll get it right)
  • Find a place for everything and keep everything in its place (and not go ballistic when it's not in its place)
  • Love Jesus and others more than I did last year
  • Be more organized (and actually remember to look at my calendar each day)

I'm sure I could go on and on, but I think this is a good start. I've even got my weight goal for January set. I'll update you at the beginning of February. And when I meet that goal, I'm rewarding myself with a new pair of sunglasses! That's what I was thinking about when I dumped the leftover chocolate muffins in the trash this morning instead of eating them. Small victory - yay!

Here's something new I made (after I saw it on Pinterest!) to help remind our family how to act:

Anyone have any awesome resolutions to share?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the family rules!!
I wish you luck on your goals for the year. Just remember to keep at it and eventually it becomes a habit :0)

Anonymous said...

Amanda the framed family rules are beautiful! Love the presentation.
It looks nice and sets the stage for being nice.. Like it a lot !

NY Resolutions..
Begin my day with prayers of thankgiving.

Pray for all the new life that will enter the world this year.

Pray for my grandchildren's futures.

Take better care of myself so I can take care of others.
Debbie

Rita said...

Yes...it looks like something you would want to read....and then follow...!!! Where did you hang it??

I want 2012 to be the year...of not eating so much sweets....walking more....living in the present..(Jeani taught me that) and this is the time...not to fret about the past or worry about the future...and my 2012 star this year said "Illumination" so I must pray and ponder on that..(OUr church hands out stars each first Sunday of the new year...and of course. to pray for Gale,my children. their spouses,and the grandchildren (all 4 of them) and for all my family. Need more?? I could go on......:-)