Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Gotta Have This

I'm trying to be a little more crafty this year. I've already made quite a few new things to hang around the house, and this is definitely on my project list:

Isn't it adorable? And functional! When we moved into our house, my closet already had hooks in the wall to hang jewelry from, but it's not very practical. Some are so high that I can't reach them, and they aren't very pretty to look at! I could spend $30 and buy this here, but how fun will it be to hunt down the perfect knobs at a good price and make it myself! I wanted to share it here for you to ooh and ahh over, but also so I don't forget...

I posted my family rules print, so here are a few other things I've made:

I found this on pinterest and the lady had lots of free printables, so I didn't make this, just printed it out and framed it.

I also printed out this bird and used the fun scrapbook paper as a mat.

I don't think this one is finished. It was also a printable but I didn't like the colors, so I made my own and scanned it. I need to make it darker, and possibly turn it. I love it in the dining room!

All the frames were ones we had either hidden in a closet or hanging in our house with pictures I wanted to replace. So I didn't spend much at all for these! Olive You is hanging in our kitchen by the big window, the bird is in the hall by the guest bath, and Give us this day is in the dining room over the antique ice box (there's a bird print that I never really loved in that frame). I'm having fun doing a little redecorating for the new year!

6 comments:

Rita said...

They are just darling....I like the necklace holder....sweet!!

Paul and Candice said...

That will be fun to make! I'm sure i could find you some interesting knobs at my parents:) I love all your signs! You're so good getting stuff hung up! I have a TON of pictures in frames and some to frame and others to buy frames for...it's just too overwhelming to me! Can't wait to see them all in person!

Anonymous said...

I love the necklace holder too!
They have some lovely knobs out there in some of those shops...
It will be fun for you to create your own... then Allie will want one too if not for jewlery for her bags...
Love the prints.. I need to check out that pinecrest..
Debbie

Jennifer said...

You can try Atkins Antiques that is on Fannin for the door knobs. It has really cool stuff for cheap. Or try Hobby Lobby when they have them on sale for 50% off.

Mrs. H said...

Girl you rock! I soooo wished we lived closer we could totally be crafty buddies together! I have been wanting to make that knob necklace holder to hang my 3 necklaces on ;) It's so cute! Can't wait to see your finished product! Happy New Year!

Rhonda said...

super cute stuff!