Monday, January 30, 2012

That's One Way to Say It

Here's something light and fun for your Monday!

What Coleman calls it: Diarrhea of a Wimpy Kid

What Spence calls them: Vanilla Wifers

What Allie calls them: Sloop Loops

What Spence yells: I lifted up the seat!!!!!!!

Of course there's a story behind that last one. Spence got into the habit of trying to go potty without lifting up the seat or removing the toddler potty seat. This created quite the mess. So I fussed, fussed, and fussed some more. Then I began charging him a quarter when he forgot to lift the seat. I think that's when he started remembering! Anyway, now every time he goes potty, he yells at the top of his lungs, "I lifted up the seat!!!!!!!" Doesn't matter if he's downstairs or upstairs or at someone else's house or if Allie is napping or anything else. He says it every time. Every time. Sad thing is, he still doesn't get it all in the toilet. But at least Allie and I don't have to sit in it when we go potty! I promise there's a story coming...

This morning we were at our Monday morning prayer group, Moms in Touch, where we pray for our school-aged children and their school. (This is an awesome thing to be involved in if you have kids in school!) Spence, Allie, and another little boy were upstairs playing, but during the middle of prayer time Spence came downstairs. The moms were divided up into two groups, and Spence headed over to the group I wasn't in. (I had my eyes opened since I heard him coming downstairs.) He walked over to a lady with dark hair, tapped her on the shoulder, and told her he had just lifted up the seat. He's looking straight at this lady, this Asian lady, thinking he's telling me that he lifted up the seat. The other moms were cracking up! Finally he realized she wasn't me and looked confused. But he quickly found me and informed me that he had lifted up the seat. Oh how that little boy makes me laugh!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How SWEET!
Loved your post today!
Charming! charming! children!
Debbie

Rita said...

Yes....the special names are so cute....glad you are writing them down...so you will never forget!!!

Spence told me when we were there about lifting the toilet seat...even if I was standing right there...he still told me....IT made me giggle..

Rhonda said...

So cute Amanda! :)

Anonymous said...

What a funny story---they are so
sweet-glad I looked at your blog-haven't for awhile, will try to more!!! they look like they are growing so quickly! Mary