Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Presents or Presence

This morning on the way to school, Coleman said, "I want presents!" I couldn't figure out what made him think about presents until I heard the song that was playing on the radio: "And I can feel Your presence here with me. Suddenly I'm lost within Your beauty" (Here With Me by Mercy Me). He had mistaken presence for presents. I thought it was pretty cute, but it made me realize how I know the words to a lot of songs, but I don't really think about what they are saying many times. Can I feel God's presence with me even when I'm just driving down the road listening to my 2 year old talk? The next song that came on was Show Me Your Glory by Third Day. The line that caught my attention was "Send down Your presence, I want to see Your face." Later in the afternoon, I sat down to do my Bible study. What do I read about but the bread of the Presence. And the scripture for the day: "You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies..." Psalm 23:5. OK, Lord. Are you trying to tell me something? Maybe one thing is that You are present with me every moment of every day. Sure, I know that, but do I feel it? Do I live like I believe it? I want to! I thank God that He uses the most unusual ways (Coleman wanting presents) to get my attention!

Here's Coleman's cute saying today. We had finished eating our popsicles and Coleman said, "Let's sit down here and talk about my day." Unfortunately, when asked what he did today, he replied, "I don't know."

Update: Libby is out of ICU. There has not been much drainage from the chest tube, but her mom says she is not out of the woods yet.

4 comments:

Rita said...

Little children can connect us to God in so many ways...He uses their words and actions to connect ..not only us to them, but Him to us...What an awesome God...
Love you

Rita said...

Notice I am not anonymous anymore..I have a name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Rhonda did it for me...Thanks Rhonda..

Anonymous said...

I love the way God speaks to us through our children.
Pondering His presence now...

I'll keep Libby in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

His presence is a present!

I am still anonymous...
so I guess that means Rhonda needs to come to Florida...
she has been almost everywhere else in the world this year.
T-4