Tuesday, October 30, 2007

We Meet Again...

Spence's head and the coffee table, that is. Back in July I vowed to keep Spence's head away from the coffee table. Today I failed, and there is a purple knot above Spence's eye to point out my failure. I don't know what went wrong! Coleman was being so sweet. I had just changed his diaper (let's not even stop to discuss his complete lack of interest in the potty) and left the room to go dispose of the diaper and wash my hands. Suddenly I heard that familiar banging. That unmistakable bang that a little head hitting a coffee table makes. Good gracious me, not again! And just in time for picturepalooza! You know, Halloween. I'm going to look at it this way: My oldest is normal, and my youngest is tough. That sounds a lot better than my oldest is mean and my youngest is a drum stick!

3 comments:

sheree said...

I can completely relate. Today Riley was pulled head first down the slide without any forewarning. So, here's to those big brothers and their physical training for their younger siblings.

Rita said...

Maybe wrap a pretty quilt around the table for a few months...??? Just no glasses or plates on it for awhile then....someday, maybe at Spence's wedding, Coleman will apologize....until then..........Coleman is normal and Spence will be tough...:-)

Anonymous said...

The funniest thing about birth order ....How it affects who we are.... or how we deal with life.
One is first born .. Great,gifted ,a natural at all of life.. and along comes two... expecting the same is dreaming.
one has such an influence on two. and two has such an influence on one.
Two begins to laugh at everything one does.
and one inevidibaly becomes the clown.... ?
why you ask ... just because.
and two naturally becomes the tough one..
Why just because they have to
be-so they are.
I often thought what it would have been like if birth orders in siblings had been reversed. How would they be different.
It was amazing watching the boys eat the popsicles... just give Spence a little time and he will be keeping up ... pushing Coleman to march faster! (eat faster)
He is a very observant little guy!
In the future..... when Coleman stops to look at the airplane Spence will finish off all the popsicles....with a big laugh!
Thanks for sharing your 2 charming guys with the family! It looks like the whole family has such a wonderful time making memories together.
T-4