Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Counting My Blessings

Coleman has had a cough for about a month now. Brian took him to the doctor a few days before we traveled to Iowa, so we thought it was probably a good idea to take him back and see what the doctor had to say about this not going away. He prescribed a bronchiodilator and a steroid, but he also wanted to get a chest x-ray to make sure it wasn't anything besides croup. I was a little nervous as I stood there wearing a big lead apron, holding my baby's hands as he laid on a cold, hard table. We had to turn him on his side for one of the x-rays and he said, "It hurts Mommy." I just had to hold him down and try to assure him that it would be over quickly if he'd be still.

As all of this was going on, I was thinking about a 3 year old girl named Libby and her family. I don't know Libby, but I've been praying for her for years. Her parents were members of our Sunday School class before Brian and I were attending, so our teachers have mentioned them for prayer. Before Libby was born the doctors discovered heart and other defects. She has had many surgeries and spent much time in hospitals. Tomorrow she is undergoing a major heart surgery where it's not a question of whether there will be complications, just how severe they will be. I was just reading her mom's latest post and she was saying that they have a peace that passes understanding. Libby made it through a rough day of blood tests, x-rays, and tests and everything is in order for surgery tomorrow.

I'm so in awe of God's grace. In whatever we face, He gives grace as we need it. Please pray for Libby and her family. There are so many things that could go wrong, but there is only One who is in control and knows what the outcome will be.

As for Coleman, his x-ray looked clear. Thank you Jesus! He started his medication tonight, so hopefully he will start feeling better soon. And Spence made it through his flu shot! I have so much to be thankful for. I've got to go count my blessings...

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

What is the web address for Libby?

Anonymous said...

Praising God...and thanking Him...and offering prayers for Libby...love you

Sherrie said...

Well I'm glad to hear that Colem's x-rays came back clear. It's always scary when you have to do that. I have made many trips to the hospital for the kids. Nothing about that is pleasant. I'll be praying for Libby and Colem.
Love ya..

Anonymous said...

Counting my blessings too.

Anonymous said...

Is Coleman doing better??