Sunday, September 30, 2007

Bilingual Baby

Spence has one word - Dada. He loves to say it. He'll even say it on command when Brian asks him. On the way to church today he started saying "dada dada dada." Coleman of course wanted to join in. Then Coleman started saying "muffy" over and over. Yes, that enigmatic word again. With every "muffy" Spence would respond with a "dada." Coleman finally said, "No dada, just muffy!" Coleman is trying to make him bilingual. I use that term loosely since Spence isn't even really lingual, and the second language isn't a real language.

And on a completely unrelated note: I was going upstairs to get Coleman up from his nap and I stopped to pick up a package of diapers that hadn't quite made it to his room. I was thinking to myself, "I wish Coleman would regain his interest in using the potty. I'm tired of all these diapers." I opened his door and he sat up in bed and said, "I wanna go potty!" Wow! Talk about ask and ye shall receive! Excitedly I said, "You want to go potty?!" He looked at me and said, "No, I want to go party." Brian had told him that after he rested we would be going to a party at church tonight. Oh well. At least he's excited about going to church! Anyway, I wouldn't want that package of diapers going to waste.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rem God's timing is so perfect....and so goes with the potty training...:-)

Theresa said...

I wish Emily would renew interest also. It kind of comes and goes.

Sherrie said...

Potty in the big chair comes in time. Hang in there.
Love ya