Friday, September 21, 2007

You're in Radiator Springs, the Cutest Little Town in Carburetor County


If you haven't seen the Disney Pixar movie Cars then you may not get most of the references in this post. I just had to share Coleman's new hobby of reenacting movie scenes though.


Coleman's favorite movie is Cars. It's really a good movie. He has almost all the Cars cars and has seen the movie so many times that he can reenact many of the scenes. The cars race, Lightning McQueen blows a tire, McQueen jumps over an overturned Leak Less, McQueen falls out of his trailer, and my favorite, Mater takes McQueen tractor tipping. For this scene Coleman tips his tractors backwards and sets up Mater and McQueen in front of them. (This is like cow tipping, but with tractors.) His new favorite scene now is toward the end of the movie when McQueen helps all the townsfolk fix up Radiator Springs. They turn on the neon signs and Sh-Boom by The Chords starts playing. I sing along with it every time. "Oh, life could be a dream, sh-boom..." Coleman says, "I want to watch loppa dream!" I'm guessing that's his version of "life could be a dream." All I can say is thank goodness for DVDs and scene selection. I can select that scene and he's happy. We don't have to watch the whole movie (yes, it's a good movie, but I've seen it in its entirety several dozen times) and no fast forwarding or rewinding. Sometimes I've wondered what toys we'd be playing with and what movies we'd be watching if I had girls. My friend Theresa informed me that her 2 year old daughter loves Cars also, and is now obsessed with tires! So rock on Cars fans!


A bonus fun fact! My favorite line from the movie:
You know, I once knew this girl Doreen. Good-looking girl. Looked just like a Jaguar, only she was a truck! You know, I used to crash into her just so I could spoke to her. (Mater, voiced by Larry the Cable Guy)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You'll have to tell Coleman that Grandma bought a can of soup today...for him at Christmas that has Cars on it and the pasta is in shape of cars....saw it and just had to get it....